Friday, September 26, 2014

Knocked out

The season is changing, praise the Lord. It's cooling a little - this week didn't even have one day in the 90ºs. And people are out and about - finally. So, is it allergies? Is it a cold? What is it that my family and I all haaaaave?! It's nothing horrible; it's of the irritating and won't-go-away sort.

We decided to try Adeline's luck with one of those amber teething necklaces - an acid in the amber is supposed to be absorbed trans-dermally and have an analgesic effect. We put it on her last Tuesday and had 2 bogus nights in a row before scrapping it ... then her and Paul's runny noses and coughs set in. So we had more sleepless nights. Dylan finished a bottle of the overnight cough syrup in the last week, and I caved and started the breastfeeding-safe(r) version on Wednesday of this week ... with no luck in the sleeping department. I try to stifle a cough so as not to wake Ada, but I just toss and turn and head to the sofa. Womp, womp.

The kiddos are back to normal, though! Yay! I was about to lose it with Ada crying on - I dunno - I think Wednesday of this week before Dylan suggested we try the amber necklace again, now that she's got her game back. *Crickets* I was an unlikely candidate for those things, and now I'm a convert. I'm hoping once I can knock this random no-other-symptoms-cough rather than it knocking me down, we'll be getting some (nearly) normal sleep around here!

Since last post, we've had another visit from Nanna & Pappy, and while they were here, I was introduced to Angelo Brocato's, ie Heaven on Earth. Well, Italian Heaven in the southern US. It did remind me a bit of Italy, but it mostly reminded me of Brunetti's in Melbourne. Aaah.

And let me close with just another little comment about the weather, in case you missed it. It's cooling off! It didn't hit 90º, and it feels amazing. It reminds me of a great reason for moving here.

No comments:

Post a Comment