Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!

The Lord is risen - let the 50 days of Easter celebration commence!

Things have only gone smoother - or shall I say, been less of a roller-coaster - since the last post. Mike, Colleen, (goddaughter) Kate, and "Lil Bit-o-Honey" (due in May!) came to visit on a Saturday, Paul, Ada, & I had a pretty normalized week, and then there was Easter. And now here we are!

Last week seems Ada's hit her stride. In fact, the day after The Bivers were over, she even had her first laugh! Dylan would cough kind of at her / in her face, and she thought it was a riot; Dylan got a sore throat. She started smiling at random things and at us whenever we looked at her, she spent much more awake&happy time during the day, and she plummeted in crying time. She's also trying to work out a pretty even nap/sleep schedule; she sleeps from 9pm-ish for about 12 hours (with nurse breaks, of course), dozes for about 15-30min somewhere in the morning & again at lunch, then goes down for a good 2-3hours around 2ish. Not bad, I say! Even the thought of sorta finding a routine comforts and relaxes me. I knew I like a good pattern, but I didn't realize how much the chaos of an infant throws me off =).

Then on to Easter. First, on Good Friday, all 4 of us participated in the walking Stations of the Cross from St. Augustine's to St. Edward's here in town - a mile+ apart. Saturday we laid low, or tried to anyway! That evening got going with a few Easter preparations once the kiddos were asleep - decorating, setting the table, etc. Sunday morning was packed full! We started with egg-dying and hot-cross-bun-baking, then moved on to Mass preparations (it was so full we had to sit in separate pews), then a quick lunch before both Paul & Ada napped at the same time. Dylan and I had cuppas & snacks on the deck in the warm sunshine - aah! Then we had a roast lamb dinner. All in all, I'd say it was a beautiful day together.





















No comments:

Post a Comment