Friday, March 14, 2014

2nd week alone success

The difference between Pre-Kids and Kids
  • pre-kids: appointment at 10:05. Current time 9:35. Oh, good, I can make a quick grocery run before getting to the doctor on time.
  • with kids: appointment time 10:05. Current time 9:35. Oh-mah-gosh, let's go! Shoot, we're gonna be late. Man, diaper change. Shoes? Ok, where's your coat?
That was our scene on Tuesday before Paul's 2-year check-up. We did actually barely make it in time. And then had to wait. In any case, Paul's healthy! He's a little skinny-man =), but we knew that. He's 26 lbs, 34 inches tall, and has a noggin the size of a desk globe at 20 inches. That's the 20th, 25th, and 85th percentile, respectively. Lots of brains in there. And he's so sweet - he curls up behind the nook of my knee with his Decke (blanket) when I nurse Ada on the sofa. I made a memory there, for sure.

Adeline sure is changing! She's even given us smiles and, I believe, a first (precious) coo.

This is how I've managed so far: Paul gets up around 7ish, and we dress and get breakfast just the two of us. Afterwards is my "Paul time" until he cries out excitedly "Beebee!" at hearing her cry. Lil' Bit stays asleep until about 9ish when she either wakes up on her own or I need to wake her (for a doc visit, Paul's class, or Momtime ... seems I wake her on those days, but when she has all the time in the world, she wakes herself then anyway). She nurses and then sleeps more until Paul's down for his nap, which has worked out very well, if I may say so myself. Even if she'd been awake and stays so through lunch, Dylan bounces her over lunch, and she falls asleep. Then, she conveniently wakes about 20-30 minutes into Paul's nap, leaving me with that time to doze myself. Yes. When she wakes, she nurses and then has some "free time" on the floor in front of the fire. Once Paul wakes, we either read, play, or head outside for a walk. A walk? This week's had walking weather, I know! There were 2 days in the 40s+, so we met (very pregnant) Heidi and little Molly for a walk on those days, Paul in the Burley & Ada in the Moby. We all anxiously wait for Dylan to get home, and then there's family play time ... more like getting ready for dinner and/or doing laundry and, this week, giving haircuts. 6 o'clock is dinnertime - delivered twice this week, thank you!! - and we've been working on backing up Paul's bedtime, so he's bathed at 7 and is hopefully asleep by 8:15 or so. Little Miss Adeline is a night owl, though, and keeps us on our toes - literally. Making laps around the dining table - until about 10 or 10:30. Then she gifts us with a 4-6 hr stretch of sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment